Office for Strategy Management
The Office for Strategy Management, or the OSM, is the unit primarily responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Department's strategy. It feeds inputs and gathers insights from the leadership team, the PGS Core Team, the Multi-Sectoral Governance Coalition (MSGC), and then other units in the Department. The establishment of the OSM is one of the nine (9) PGS elements needed when an organization undergoes the PGS Pathways.
The OSM logo symbolizes the drivers of strategy management in building a strong foundation of governance.
The heart in alizarin red represents the Vision of the people and for the DSWD as an organization - moved together by its Mission, founded by its Core Values.
The arrow in yellow motioning an upward trend symbolizes progress and growth in which the organization is committed to deliver.
Lastly, the five (5) raised hands in medium dark blue, stands for the five (5) PGS perspectives used to mobilize the organization to create lasting transformation: Social Impact, Stakeholder Engagement, Resource Stewardship, Learning and Growth, and Organizational Development.
At the core of OSM work stands the essential attitude of every officer and staff to promote the very requirement of the PGS, that is to stand for the commitment to serve, integrate, connect, and embody transformation in public service. This creates a unified voice to intensify and synergize actions together especially among units. Leading these actions is a management that demonstrates governance values to its constituents through their priorities and decisions.
Our brand principles
Focused - the OSM is clear and easily understood. Its methodologies and communications are direct and aligned with the agency strategy and mandate.
Optimistic - the OSM promotes that the success of one is a success of all. It emphasizes that every contribution and every deliverable counts. In every work and messaging, the OSM acknowledges the opportunities and strengths that the units can build on.
Driven - the OSM works with motivation and perseverance and delivers the same message to the units and the management that together, the strategy will be achieved.
Strategy Alignment Unit
· Develop policies and protocols on the adoption of the DSWD Strategy.
· Coordinate with the Policy Development and Planning Bureau – Planning and Monitoring Division (PDPB-PMD) and Finance and Management Service (FMS) in ensuring alignment of the Department’s Thrusts and Priorities, Program Expenditure Classification and Work and Financial Plans aligned with the Strategy.
· Coordinate with the Performance Management Technical Working Group (PM-TWG) in ensuring the strategic contributions of the Field Offices and Central Office/Bureaus/Services are placed under Strategic Priorities of the Office Performance Commitments (OPC).
· Coordinate with PDPB-RED and PDPB-PMD on the integration of Strategic Contribution to the Organizational Reporting System of the Department such as but not limted to HPMES
· Lead in the conduct of Strategy Positioning, Strategy Formulation cum Planning and Strategy Review
Strategy Evaluation Unit
· Develop reporting mechanisms, tools and forms to measure progress of the DSWD Strategy
· Act as secretariat to the PGS Core Team
· Lead in the conduct of Strategy Review
· Lead in the development, implementation and monitoring of Strategic Risk Treatment Plan and Action Plan
Strategic Communication Unit
· Provide Technical Assistance Platforms to Field Offices and Central Offices/Bureaus/Services on
o Designing their Strategy Communication Plans and Recognition Platforms
o Preparing strategic contributions in coordination with Strategy Alignment Unit
o Conduct of Operations Review in coordination with Strategy Evaluation Unit
· Lead in the conduct of Bench-making activities with PGS Practitioners as well as to non-PGS Practitioners
· Act as MSGC and PGS Focal Secretariat in coordination with other OSM units
· Lead in the development of learning platforms/TA materials and conduct of any CB Activities of OSM such as but not limited to PGs Bootcamp and Scorecard Summit
· Coordinate with Social Marketing Service for implementing DSWD-wide Strategy Communication Plan for external and internal and internal audience
· Develop policies and Coordinate with Human Resource Management and Development Service (HRMDS) for Workforce Alignment for Employee Welfare and Recognition Initiatives
· Coordinate with other DSWD OBS with regard to Organizational Governance Culture such as but not limited to Finance and Management Service – Management Division for Process Improvements; Integrity Management Committee for Anti-Corruption Mechanism and Policy Development and Planning Bureau for Gender and Development as part of Organizational Governance Culture
· Gather and verify anecdotes from stakeholders and members of the organization and beneficiaries on the impact of the strategy